Question: Is it safe to touch telephone wires?

You should avoid contact with power lines. People can get killed if they touch power lines.

Can you get shocked from telephone wires?

While telephone lines do have 48 volts of electricity running through them, its usually not enough to cause a shock, though it may affect a pacemaker. The electricity in a phone line does spike to around 90 volts when the phone rings, which can give a mild shock.

Can you touch phone wires?

A: Cable and phone wires dont carry current, so its safe to remove them. However, its critical not to cut into a power line, as you know.

Can a phone line start a fire?

Not only could they cause a spark (while unlikely to actually cause a fire there is no sense it taking a risk that is so easily dealt with), if they short together, it could cause your phone to stop working.

Can wires electrocute you?

You will receive a shock if you touch two wires at different voltages at the same time. You will receive a shock if you touch a live wire and are grounded at the same time. When a circuit, electrical component, or equipment is energized, a potential shock hazard is present.

Can Exposed phone wires start a fire?

Not only could they cause a spark (while unlikely to actually cause a fire there is no sense it taking a risk that is so easily dealt with), if they short together, it could cause your phone to stop working.

Tell us about you

Find us at the office

Isma- Pazienza street no. 21, 67381 Ngerulmud, Palau

Give us a ring

Rhiannon Streiff
+20 609 345 224
Mon - Fri, 11:00-22:00

Say hello